If you’ve been driving around in Murfreesboro, chances are you’ve seen some billboards advertising companies that buy houses.
Often times they say things like “We Buy Murfreesboro Houses!” or “Cash For Your House”.
Are These “We Buy Houses in Murfreesboro Companies” Credible?
How do I know if the local house buying companies out there are honest and credible?
Buying and selling houses is a valid and respectable profession that can help communities and house sellers in many ways. But just like any other line of work – there a few house buyers out there that make even the good ones look bad..
There are people who are really great, ethical folks who improve the neighborhoods one property at a time.
And then there’s shady, dishonest people who put money ahead of the well being of the seller and who would sign the contract to sell their own grandmother with one hand while stabbing you in the back with the other – as long as they were making a buck..
We’ll help you avoid these “shady house buyers” so you can work with honest, ethical, and reputable local companies who can buy your house for a fair all cash offer and close on your schedule.
But let’s not focus on the negative – at least not yet.
First, let’s cover exactly what the best house-flippers are doing.
What Reputable Murfreesboro House Buyers Are Doing
- Helping folks improve their lives by accessing the money they need right away. People often need the cash in their house to cover unexpected medical expenses, or to relocate to be close to a relative. We can make that happen in just a few days, and we deliver peace of mind.
- Helping sellers get rid of a burdensome property. We are not a one size fits all company, we provide options. We can buy your house as-is and give you some time to vacate. Feel free to leave your junk behind we will deal with it. Or, if you are not a super tight time line, we can list your house as-is on the MLS. We know how to get it done while minimizing the hassle you normally experience with a listing.
- Creating local jobs. We hire plumbers, contractors, electricians, brokers, title companies and many other folks along the way. The average real estate transaction involves 86 people from start to finish. Our investments help create real jobs for people around Murfreesboro TN.
- Buying US products. We spend tons of money on materials that are made right here in the USA – that creates jobs in our timber mills, factories, supply shops, distribution centers and more. The US economy depends on steady improvement, and that requires investment from folks like us.
- Increasing the value of Murfreesboro neighborhoods. When we improve a house, we’re helping to increase the value of the entire community. We often repair abandoned and neglected houses, turning them into beautiful homes for families. That activity strengthens Murfreesboro.
- Increasing the tax base. When a new buyer takes over one of our properties, they’ll pay a higher tax rate based on the new and improved value. Those taxes go to pay for our schools, fire, police, libraries, streets and other valuable pieces of infrastructure. Again, improving our neighborhoods.
Lots of people think of house-flipping as a get-rich-quick scheme. That’s fueled by silly “reality” shows that amp up the drama. The reality of what we do on a daily basis is actually pretty boring.
Most of our work is coordinating with lots of people to make sure things are done right and are happening on time. We have to keep track of lots of moving parts.
How To Ensure You’re Working With A Reputable Local House Buyer
When you talk with a local house buyer to potentially buy your house… ask them some of the questions below to ensure they’re reputable, knowledgeable, and honest.
Ask open-ended questions like:
- How do you help your clients?
- What do you do for people?
- Can you tell me more about your services?
- What aspect of your business makes you the proudest?
- How would you describe your investment philosophy?
- How can I know that you’ll close on my house when you say you will?
Second, look for tell tale signs of tactics that those few shady operators tend to use.
- “Kitchen table closings” – If a property buyer tries to get you to sign the deed (ownership) of your house over to them at your house, rather than at an attorney’s office or title company… be leery. Reputable house buying companies will perform the actual closing of the sale at a neutral 3rd party place… like a title company. This ensures everything is done right and on the up and up.
- Pressuring you into a fast closing – If a house buyer tries to pressure you into selling your house and says that you have to make the decision today, be leery. Most reputable house buying services will give you a few days to decide, assuming there is not a time crunch on your end. The reason reputable house buying services like ours at Provision Homes do place deadlines on our offers is because we buy multiple houses a month and when we make you an offer we’re assuring you that the cash to purchase your house is ready and we’ll reserve that cash for a few days so if you do want to sell your house, we can close on your schedule. If you feel the offer isn’t a fit for you, then we’ll assign those funds to help another seller with their home sale.
Most scammers are just looking for a quick score… At Provision Homes we take the time to actually talk with you to better understand your situation. Maybe the best solution is a cash offer, or maybe you have time to list it as-is on the MLS. We know both worlds and can help guide you in the direction that makes the most sense for you. At the end of the day it’s totally your decision but we like to present your options so you can make an informed decision.
So when you’re looking at one of the “we buy houses in Murfreesboro companies“… never be afraid to ask questions!